- The counting wheel is made of several layers. The core section is aluminum, which
is light enough to minimize error through variation of acceleration. Next is a
layer of carbon steel commonly used in high-pressure plumbing. This enhances the
wheel's durability. The surface is durable polyurethane, which increases friction
between the wheel and wire/cable, and is highly resistant to wearing. If wearing does
occur on part of the wheel, the substantial width of the wheel(100mm(3.973 in.)) makes it easy
to shift the point of wire contact to an unworn surface area for continued accurate
- Pressure to hold wire/cable: for minimizing deformation of wire/cable, a pressure of only 1.3kg
is applied. For minimizing the range of error by a variation of the pressure, the
pressure is uniform along the wire/cable's contact surface.
- Decrease in error through slipping: slide guides utilizing high precision bearings
are used to hold the counting wheel to the wire/cable. These guides ensure that if a
vertical vibrarion of the counting wheel occurs, the wheel recovers its proper
position in an extremely short time.
- Error through wire/cable curvature is minimized: two separate counting wheels are used to
measure the outside and inside of a curved wire/cable independently. The electronic
counter averages the two measurements and shows the mean on a digital display.
- Display: the digital counter ensures clarity by showing numbers at a height of 15mm(0.591 in.),
and by utilizing a red LED display. The counter's position is also adjustable to
allow easy confirmation of the number from any direction.
- Auxiliary counter: a mechanical counter is also utilized. The number shown on this
counter is not the mean of outside and inside length. This is the same as the
measurement given by a single wheel-type instrument.
- Correction for counting wheel wearing: long-term wearing of the counting wheel can
be compensated by recalibrating the electronic counter. A compensation of up to
0.8% is possible.
Digital Electronic Counter
- minimum unit of measurement : 10cm
- wire/cable diameter range : 2mm - 20mm(0.079 - 0.787 in.)
- pressure to the wire/cable : 1.3kg(2.866 lbs.)
- mechanical auxiliary counter : 5-digit
- power source: depends on buyer's request
- range of compensation: 0.8%
(C) Copyrihgt 1996 Sky Kogyo Co.,Ltd. All Right Reserved